Sexual Health & Wellness
Shockwave Therapy for ED
Shockwave Therapy for ED in Tempe AZ
If you struggle with erectile dysfunction, then you may feel frustrated and helpless. You are not alone. Erectile dysfunction is a common problem that affects millions of men. The good news is that shockwave therapy has been proven to be an effective treatment for ED. Find out if this treatment can help you achieve lasting results by talking to the professional and understanding team at Pure Body Health.
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is very common, with studies showing that 52% of men have some form of ED, 57% aged 40-60 years old; 80% of ED goes unreported because patients do not disclose it as an issue. If you are one of those men, then you know that ED can significantly affect your self-esteem and quality of life. Finding a therapy for erectile dysfunction that offers actual results can be difficult. One effective treatment that does not involve surgery or medication is shockwave therapy. This non-invasive treatment has been an effective ED treatment for many men.
Our team at Pure Body Health specializes in treating conditions like ED with a range of minimally-invasive treatments, like shockwave therapy. This treatment has proven to increase blood flow and help fix ED concerns. If you are looking for ED treatment in Tempe, or ED treatment in Phoenix using shockwave therapy, call us at (480) 427-0442 or complete the online booking form. We look forward to helping you feel your best!
What Causes ED?
There are many causes of ED, many are physical, but some can be psychological. It can be a combination of both.
Some common causes include:
- Certain health conditions. Cardiovascular disease or diabetes can damage the blood vessels and nerves essential for an erection. Heart disease can reduce the amount of blood that flows to the penis, making it difficult to achieve an erection.
- Low testosterone levels. When your testosterone levels are low, it can decrease libido, leading to ED.
- Obesity. One of the more common physical causes of ED is obesity. Obesity can lead to certain vascular diseases that can reduce blood flow to the penis.
- Depression or anxiety. These psychological conditions can also lead to ED. Depression can cause you to lose interest in sex, while anxiety can make it difficult to get or maintain an erection.
- Alcohol or drug abuse. Substances like alcohol and drugs can damage your nervous system, preventing you from getting an erection.
- Side effects from certain medications. In some men, certain medications can cause erectile dysfunction. These include drugs that treat high blood pressure, heart disease, depression, and anxiety. Some antipsychotic medications can also cause erectile dysfunction.
- Certain injuries or conditions. Nerve damage to the prostate, bladder or rectal surgery can sometimes cause erectile dysfunction. Injuries to the spinal cord, bladder, prostate, or pelvis can also lead to ED. If left untreated, conditions like Peyronie’s disease, which is the development of scar tissue inside the penis, can eventually cause ED.
- Stress. When you are under a lot of stress, your sexual performance can be affected. Stress at work, at home, or in a relationship can lead to erectile dysfunction.
When it comes to the symptoms of erectile dysfunction, every man experiences them differently. Unfortunately, many men are too embarrassed to talk about it or get help. One of the biggest myths surrounding ED is that it’s purely psychological.
Some common physical signs and symptoms worth paying attention to include:
- Inability to get or maintain an erection
- Loss of libido
- A decrease in sexual performance
- Premature ejaculation
- Less sensation during intercourse
These symptoms can affect any man at nearly any age. If you experience any of these ED symptoms, talk to Dr. Scott Maymon about trying shockwave therapy. We understand you may feel embarrassed, but we are here to help. We will listen with empathy and take your concerns seriously.
How Shockwave Therapy Can Help
Shockwave therapy (or low-intensity extracorporeal shockwave therapy) is a non-invasive treatment for erectile dysfunction that has been used for the past 15 years. A study published in the Journal of Urology found that shockwave therapy can successfully treat men with erectile dysfunction. Using low-intensity sound waves, shockwave therapy helps to improve blood flow to the penile tissue and break down plaque that may be causing erectile dysfunction. These sound waves also help the process of neovascularization, or the formation of new blood vessels, which is essential for achieving and maintaining an erection.
Shockwave therapy dates back to the 1980s, when it was first used to treat kidney stones. The technology has since been adapted for use in various medical fields, including orthopedics, sports medicine, and physical therapy.
Using shockwave technology to send low-intensity acoustic waves into the target area, The InPulsa Radial Pressure Pulse Therapy System designed by Rohrer Aesthetics stimulates the body’s natural healing abilities. Shockwave therapy has been shown to improve blood flow, reduce inflammation, stimulate collagen production and treat conditions like plantar fasciitis, cellulite and tennis elbow (tendonitis).
Who Is a Good Candidate for Shockwave Therapy?
Shockwave therapy is a suitable ED treatment for men of all ages. If you have been diagnosed with erectile dysfunction and are looking for an alternative to medication or surgery, shockwave therapy could be the answer.
Peyronie’s disease is a condition that causes the penis to curve during erections. Scar tissue forms inside the penis, causing an abnormal curvature. The scar tissue can result from a previous injury, but in most cases, the cause is unknown. Shockwave therapy breaks down scar tissue and helps new blood vessels to grow.
If you would like to find out if shockwave therapy is right for you, call us at (480) 427-0442 to schedule your consultation with our staff at Pure Body Health. We will give you a health evaluation, discuss any medical conditions you may have, and review your medical history to determine if shockwave therapy is the best treatment option for you.
Benefits of Shockwave Therapy
Shockwave therapy has been proven to be an effective treatment for erectile function. It is a non-invasive, drug-free treatment option with no side effects. In addition, shockwave therapy is a safe treatment option for men of all ages.
Other benefits include:
- No sedation. Since shockwave therapy is a non-invasive procedure, there is no need for sedation. You can return to regular activity after treatment with no downtime.
- Fast treatment time. Treatments can take as little as 20 minutes.
- Effective results. Most men experience results after just six sessions.
- Lasting results. The effects of shockwave therapy can last over two years.
What To Expect During Shockwave Therapy
Treatment lasts 20 minutes or less, is non-invasive, and has no associated pain. You may feel a slight tingling during the treatment. Ultralight Red Led may be used along with shockwave therapy to increase blood flow and promote healing.
Penile Shot for ED
The Priapus Shot (P-Shot) is a trademarked name for the Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) injection procedure. PRP is derived from your own blood and contains growth factors that can stimulate cell regeneration. The PRP is injected into the corpora cavernosa, the spongy tissue that fills with blood during an erection. The injection helps to grow new blood vessels, nerves, and tissue. The P-Shot can also help to break down scar tissue and improve blood flow.
The P-Shot is a quick procedure that takes less than an hour. After the PRP is injected, you may experience some bruising, swelling, and redness at the injection site. These side effects should resolve within a few days.
You may notice an improvement in your erection quality and sexual performance after just one treatment. However, for best results, we recommend a series of three treatments spaced four to six weeks apart.
Contact Pure Body Health
If you are looking for ED treatment in Tempe or Phoenix using shockwave therapy, come in and visit our friendly team at 1553 W Todd Drive, Suite 106, Tempe, AZ. Dr.Scott Maymon, ND, MPH, and Dr.Sarah Stone, ND look forward to helping you!
The results of shockwave therapy are long-lasting and can exceed 2 years.
Shockwave therapy is a non-invasive treatment for erectile dysfunction that uses low-intensity sound waves to improve blood flow to the penis and break down plaque that may be causing ED.
There are no risks associated with shockwave therapy, and most men report feeling only a mild tingling sensation during the treatment.
Some men report an increase in penis size immediately after undergoing shockwave therapy. However, this would be due to increased blood flow to the penis after treatments. Shockwave does have the ability to more closely restore the size of the penile tissues.
Shockwave therapy is not currently covered by insurance. However, many men find that the cost of the treatment is a worthy investment, as it can provide long-term relief from erectile dysfunction.