Female sexual dysfunction (FSD) is a common issue that affects many women of different ages and backgrounds. This condition can significantly impact a woman’s overall well-being and quality of life.
It’s not uncommon for women to experience sexual dysfunctions that can affect their sexual activity and pleasure. Sexual dysfunctions can range from orgasmic disorders to sexual arousal disorders and pain during intercourse.
This blog post will explore the causes of sexual dysfunction in women and natural treatment options to help you regain your sexual health and confidence.
Types of Female Sexual Dysfunction and Symptoms
Female sexual dysfunction can manifest in various ways, with some women experiencing one or multiple forms of dysfunction. The primary forms include:
- Sexual desire disorders: Lack of or diminished interest in sexual activity.
- Sexual arousal disorders: Difficulty becoming aroused during sexual activity or experiencing a lack of sexual stimulation.
- Orgasmic disorders: Difficulty or inability to achieve orgasm despite adequate arousal and stimulation.
- Sexual pain disorders: Pain during sex, also known as dyspareunia or prolonged pain after intercourse.
- Pelvic floor disorders: Weakness in the pelvic floor muscles that can lead to reduced sensation during sex.
Symptoms may vary among premenopausal and postmenopausal women, and each dysfunction type can have different underlying causes. Common symptoms of female sexual dysfunction can include:
- Hormone imbalances
- Pelvic floor dysfunctions
- Fatigue and trouble sleeping
- Weight gain or loss
- Mood swings and irritability
- Anxiety or depression
- Hot flashes or night sweats
- Vaginal dryness
Causes of Female Sexual Dysfunction
Both physical and psychological factors can contribute to sexual dysfunction in women. Some common causes are:
- Hormone imbalances in estrogen, testosterone, and progesterone
- Chronic diseases like diabetes or heart disease
- Pelvic floor muscle dysfunctions
- Emotional stress, anxiety, or relationship issues
- Medications like antidepressants or birth control pills
- Substance abuse or alcohol
- History of sexual abuse or trauma
- Body image or self-esteem issues
Natural Treatment Options for Sexual Dysfunction
When considering treatment options, consult your naturopathic doctor to determine the most appropriate approach. Some options may include:
- Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT): BHRT uses bioidentical hormones, which have the same chemical structure as the hormones naturally produced by the body. This treatment helps to balance hormones for premenopausal and postmenopausal women experiencing hormonal imbalances.
- The Orgasm Shot® (known as the O-Shot): O-Shot is a revolutionary treatment that uses platelet-rich plasma extracted from the patient’s blood to rejuvenate and enhance female sexual function. The treatment is non-surgical, virtually painless, and can improve sexual arousal, orgasm, and urinary incontinence.
- Shockwave Therapy: This non-invasive treatment uses sound waves to improve blood flow, stimulate tissue regeneration, and enhance sexual function. Shockwave therapy can be used alone or in combination with PRP to treat sexual arousal disorder and alleviate pelvic pain effectively.
Read Vaginal Rejuvenation with Shockwave Therapy: The Benefits You Need to Know for more information.
Tips To Alleviate Symptoms and Improve Quality of Life
Alongside medical treatments, many lifestyle changes can improve your sexual health and overall quality of life. Some tips include:
- Maintain a healthy exercise routine to reduce stress levels and increase endorphins
- Practice mindfulness techniques such as prayer, yoga, or meditation
- Eat a balanced diet rich in nutrient-dense foods
- Have open and honest communication with your partner about sexual issues
- Use safe, non-toxic vaginal lubricants to reduce dryness and discomfort during sexual intercourse
- Develop self-confidence through positive affirmations and body acceptance
- Engage in activities that bring joy (listening to music, journaling, hiking, etc.)
Regain Your Confidence Today!
Sexual disorders can be debilitating but can also be treated or managed naturally, depending on the underlying cause. If you are struggling with sexual dysfunctions and looking for a women’s hormone clinic, Dr. Scott Maymon and Dr. Sarah Stone are here to help.
For personalized care and detailed information about suitable treatment options, trust Pure Body Health. Call us at (480)-427-0442 to schedule a consultation or complete the online booking form. With the right support, you can have a fulfilling and enjoyable sex life. Don’t hesitate to get in touch today and reclaim your sexual health!
For more information about women’s sexual health and wellness and our treatments, read Sexual Health Wellness for Women.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, BHRT can be beneficial to women of many different ages. In some cases, it may even help with hormone-related issues caused by menopause.
For more information on the role hormones play and how to balance women’s hormones, read Women’s Hormone Optimization Therapy.
The recovery time for an O-Shot procedure is minimal. It is common to experience minor blood spotting, similar to what might occur with any injection. In most cases, you can resume normal activities after the procedure, including sexual intercourse. Some women may feel a sensation of fullness in the vagina for one to three days, which is completely normal and poses no harm.
Shockwave therapy has proven to be an effective treatment for various conditions. Studies have shown that it can improve sexual arousal and orgasmic function and reduce symptoms of urinary incontinence.